What is the Caring for Kids Parent Community?
Would you like to help us improve Caring for Kids? Volunteers in the Caring for Kids Parent Community help the Canadian Paediatric Society ensure that the website meets the needs of parents and caregivers. Through surveys and polls, you can help shape improvements to the site.
Who can join?
We’re looking for parents, grandparents and anyone who cares for children and teens across Canada. Participants must be at least 18 years of age. Please read our Terms and Conditions below.
How do I join?
To join the community, please enter your e-mail address as described below. After you submit, you’ll get an e-mail and will need to confirm your registration by clicking a link. Please make sure to check your Junk folder in case our email ends up there.
How will I be contacted?
By joining the Caring for Kids Parent Community, you agree to provide us with a valid e-mail address that we will use to send links to surveys and polls. You will only be contacted for purposes related to the Parent Community, and your e-mail will not be shared with any third party.
How often will I be contacted?
Surveys are sent approximately every 3 to 4 months, to a random number of panel members. Surveys are used to gather feedback on specific topics. All members of the Caring for Kids Parent Community who complete a survey will be entered to win a $25 or $50 gift certificate.
As a volunteer, it is up to you whether to participate when we send you a survey or poll. However, we do ask that you commit to completing a minimum of 2 surveys or polls a year. Each survey should take no more than 5 to 10 minutes of your time.
How will my information be protected?
Can I unsubscribe once I join?
Participation in the community is voluntary and you are free to leave at any time. To unsubscribe, follow this link. It will also be included at the bottom of each email we send you.
What are the terms and conditions?
- Participation is voluntary. You will not be compensated in any way for participating.
- Participants must be Canadian residents, at least 18 years of age, and a parent or a caregiver of a child or youth.
- All participants are required to provide a valid e-mail address where we can send messages with links to resources and surveys.
- Participants will be contacted by e-mail with questions and/or surveys to gather feedback on specific Caring for Kids projects, such as health information documents, improvements to the website or other materials produced for the Caring for Kids website.
- Participants agree to complete a minimum of 2 surveys or polls a year.
- Feedback from participants will be used to help guide planning and content development and improvement on the Caring for Kids website.
- Participants who complete a survey will be eligible to win a gift certificate. One gift certificate will be drawn each time we send an e-mail requesting feedback.
- Although we can provide participants with general information about child and youth health issues, we can’t send personal replies to specific inquiries. We also cannot provide personal medical care and advice. If you have specific concerns about your child’s or teen’s health, please see your their paediatrician, family physician, or another health care provider.
PLEASE DO NOT register more than once.
Last updated: April 2020